CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF BLACK LAWYERS’ 4TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Hosted in partnership with the Law Society of Upper Canada
Friday, October 31, 2014
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Law Society of Upper Canada, Donald Lamont Learning Centre
130 Queen St. West, Toronto
(Enter through the East doors facing Toronto City Hall)
The conference will feature the following discussions and workshops:
- Perspectives from the bench: a judicial panel (including Chief Justice Strathy will provide advice on how to successfully plead a case, comment on diversity on the bench and offer their views on the future of litigation
- Cybercrime and Law Firms: the dangers you need to know and how to avoid them
- Family law explained (interactive session): at the end of this session, you will feel more comfortable interpreting financial statements, determining the value of the date of marriage debt, and using tax vehicles to encourage settlement
- Criminal law: selecting a jury, representing your client at sentencing and representing your client in mental health cases
- Business immigration law: current issues in business immigration and professional and ethical dilemmas
- Diversity on Bay Street: strategies to make a positive impression at large firms, how to manoeuvre firm politics and how to succeed as a racialized lawyer
|For the first 40 law students||Free|
|For members and law students before October 1, 2014 (an administrative fee may apply)||$25.00|
|For members and law students after October 1, 2014 (an administrative fee may apply)||$50.00|
|Non-members (an administrative fee may apply)||$50.00|
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Visit www.cabl.ca to register.
For more information about the Annual Conference or the AGM, please contact:
Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annual Conference has been approved for 1.5 professionalism hours. An application is being made for this program to be accredited for additional professionalism hours by the Law Society.